Monday, May 25, 2009

(2) Comments

Little India from a Young Photographer

Colorwise Blog

The young mind given enough opportunities will always surprise you with their creativity. This has been proven many times during my work as a photographic instructor in various school. Last Friday I brought a group of Students from Tanjong Katong Sec. Sch. for a photo session at Little India. The students turn out many good work. One students submitted a photo and the description that leave me a deep impression on what photography can contribute to the understanding of the world around by the young minds.

Glynis LIm_P5220121 Photo by Glynis Lim, Tanjong Katong Sec Sch.

Her description:

Title: Perspective from a Chinese

Being a Chinese national, it was the first time that i set foot in Singapore's famous Indian temple, Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple, I was very sure that there was a festival going on, so I reached there at 3pm. To my surprise, the temple was still closed. Being a curious chap, I peeked into one of the holes and found out that the participants were still preparing for the festival. I wondered aimlessly in the temple when it opened. I breathe in the heavy fumes of incense which felt calming to my senses. To my amazement there were many people sitting around the floor. Different races of people were sitting around in the same room. This open concept made me feel extremely comfortable. At 5 in the evening, the much awaited festival finally begun. Many Indians crowded around a small place. Without knowing, my exhausted feet and excited mind brought me there to watch the event. Some people were even holding brightly-lit candles. After that, two of the participants sat in a prominent place, I closed my eyes and I could hear the soft chanting of Indian scriptures......

2 Responses to "Little India from a Young Photographer"
Kylie said :
September 16, 2009 at 7:34 PM
wow... I actually like the last collage best. Simple, beautiful and to the point. Reflective and good use of lighting photography-wise.

The slideshow should have some music though. Found out about your site through my sis, Natalie. =P
September 17, 2009 at 10:04 AM
Hi Kylie, Thanks for your nice comment. All of them done a great job. I think you are looking at the "Kranji Creative Collage." The comment somehow appeared in the earlier posting.

Natalie :) she got good sense for nice angle and theme.

CK Peng